PREP TIME: 10 - 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
- 1-3 Lbs Chicken Legs or Thighs
- 1-2 Tablespoons Jerk It Up Marinade (My Personal Preference)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 habanero or scotch bonnet peppers stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger half a knob
- 4 cloves garlic or you can use garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- NOTE* Prep time does not include marinating time.
Add all of the marinade ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
Pour into a large ziplock bag along with the chicken. Marinade for at least and hour or preferably overnight.
When you are ready to cook preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take the chicken out of the marinade and place the chicken in a cast iron skillet or oven safe pan.
Cook for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked.
Take out of the oven and brush on the reserved marinade.
Turn oven to broil and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the skin is browned and crispy. (Make sure to keep a close eye on it so it does not burn.
- Serve Immediately