- 1-3lbs pound chicken, cut in to desire size pieces
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (1g) minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5g) minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon (1g) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (0.80g) fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon (1g) paprika
- Green onions (Scallion) diced
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Browning
- Optional 1-2 Tablespoons of Mango Flavor Hot Sauce (To add a level of Spiciness)
- 1 Medium onion, diced (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 ½ teaspoon (3g) paprika
- 1 tablespoon (12.5g) cane brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons (5-10ml) browning sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons (32-48g) ketchup
- 2 small bell pepper, red or green, sliced
- Sea salt and to taste (My Preference) you can use any salt you desire
- Place chicken in a bowl along with all the above ingredients and seasonings.
- Thoroughly mix chicken with a spoon or with hands until they are well coated, cover tightly and set aside in the fridge. Marinate for about at least an hour or preferably overnight.
- Brown the chicken about 3-4 minutes until chicken is a golden brown; remove and place on a plate. Drain any excess oil from the skillet and leave about 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
In the same pan, add onions, garlic, thyme, hot sauce, paprika, sugar, browning sauce, ketchup, bell peppers (if desired add some or all of the bell peppers towards the last 10 minutes of cooking), and salt to taste. Stir for about 2-3 minutes until onions is translucent. Add the remaining marinade from the chicken .
Deglaze pan with water. Bring to a boil and return the brown chicken back to the pan.
Cover and cook for about 30-40 minutes, more or less or until chicken has been cooked through and no longer pink and sauce thickens, slightly. Adjust for salt, pepper and soup consistency with more water as you cook.
Turn off the stove, remove and serve with your choice of side.